Wood and Fiber Science for Authors
TITLE PAGE (see Title Page Example)
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS (centered heading in caps)
BODY OF MANUSCRIPT
- Page Numbers: Required
- Line Spacing: Single-spaced
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 pt
- Justification: Left only
- Heading Levels: Format for level of headings (see Headings in Text)
- Paragraph Indentation: None
- Length: A suggested limit for the text is 5000 word equivalents.
- Units: SI units shall be used; see complete reference in IEEE/ASTM SI-10, and an abbreviated reference in the "Related Material" section of ASTM standard volumes. (see SI Units)
- Style: Webster’s Third New International Dictionary and The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, are useful guides for matters of form, style, and spelling.
- Equations: All equations not within the text must be numbered consecutively.
- Citations: Make all references in text by author and year of publication. For three or more authors, cite the first only and use et al
- REFERENCES (centered heading in caps) (see References)
- Footnotes: Avoid use of footnotes
- Tables and Figures: Do not show locations for these in text;
that will be done by editors.
- Tables (each on a separate page)
- Figure legends (separate page; double space)
- Figures (each on separate page). Colored figures will be billed to the author. (See Figures)
- Table and figure formats: These should not exceed 20% of the total length of the paper. The printed page is 145 × 200 mm. Single column is up to 68 mm. Tables and figures may be printed up to a full page in width. (If desired, indicate single or double column). Hard copy figures must be camera-ready, and numbers should be marked on the back of the figure.
Author: Frank Beall